AD 8348

Hi to all newsgroup! Do someone use this demod developed by Analog Devices? I have evaluation board and I read datasheet, but I can't demod direct current... I tried many ways, like described in datasheet, but my eval board doesn't work correctly at 0 Hz.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot Dario

Reply to
Dario

Dario-- What's your application? What analog information are you trying to extract? The datasheet states that this is a 50-100 MHz device, which doesn't include 0 Hz (DC).

I haven't ever used Analog Devices demodulators, but I've been seriously investigating them for a possibility in a low frequency (30-500 kHz) application. According to

the AD630 and AD8333 operate from DC to 2 Mhz and DC to 50 MHz, respectively.

I'm not 100% familiar yet with the inner workings of a demodulator, but I do know that you have to have an AC signal in order to demodulate it, right?

You also might check into devices like the AD606, AD8304/8307, etc. that are demodulating logarithmic amplifiers if you're interested in the amplitude only of your signal.

Good luck!

-Todd

Reply to
tschoepflin

Thank you Todd for your answer! I'm sorry because my question is not very clear...

I need to demodulate a DVB channel from 800MHz to baseband. I filter I and Q baseband signals with a DSP to delete adiacent channels and I send it to a decoder. The problem is that baseband channel lacks of zero Hz frequency, so SNR is very poor. If I choose a different demodulation frequency (to bring DVB channel to higher frequency, about from 1MHz to 9 MHz), the SNR ratio is very good.

So, in the ad8348 datasheet I read that it can demod a signal to DC, but I could not realise this... I tried several configurations, but Demod doesn't work.

Maybe a scheme is clearer... I hope to post it soon. Thank you for your answer again. Dario

Reply to
Dario