about the relationship between the ripple current and direct current of the capacitor

hello everyone: I have a inquiry about the ripple current and direction current of the electrolytic capacitor. in the inverter ,6-pulse rectifier. according to the power, the direct current can be calculated, and then how to get the value of the ripple current in order to select the electrolytic capacitor? thanks

Reply to
david-yong.yang

A model with source impedance plus some diode and capacitor parameters is the way to go. Calculate one pulse at staedy state conditions and give some slack for the power up.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

A little bit of math will do the trick. To a first approximation you can use:

C*dV = I.dt

Where C is the smoothing cap. I is the load current and dt is the pulse period.

ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

The simple full wave rule of thumb is easily modified for six pulse:

In an 8300 microfarad capacitor, the amps of current equals the volts of ripple at 60 Hertz x 2.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to