About clocks

For some value of "easy", that is. You'd still have to worry about Murdoch the space pirate, micro-managing bureaucrats, and that guy down in the lab who puts a kilovolt charge on a large-plate capacitor using a liquid electrolyte having a dielectric constant of about a million and then decides to drain it :-)

Reply to
David Platt

Right, and the secondary-electron suppressing coating that Murdoch conveniently used on his ship. If it weren't for the nauseating "love interest", it'd be a great book, at least in the Edgar Rice Burroughs genre. Tarzan of the soldering iron.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There have been many code changes, and the display pictures are already a bit old.. display looks better now.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yes, you DO nice work, BUT..from now on, _PLEASE_ use BLACK INK on WHITE paper; scan and write to PDF. Your schematics have always been mud on mud to start with, and non-uniform illumination further decreases ability to enhance it.

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:51:15 -0800) it happened Robert Baer wrote in :

May I suggest you get a good monitor, or adjust it properly? These are very large jpgs and I can read them no problem.

Anyways if you have some question about some component you can always ask here, that is if I still remembered what I soldered in there... Its often an element of chance, although that gets better now with SMDs, but even then I may pick a different value to keep the stock of parts 'even'. For example in this simulation I _really_ needed 10k,

and 10k is often a grab value, so there are less, so next time I need 10k (or there about) I grab 12k or 8k2... It is even worse with decoupling caps, at high frequencies anything from 10nF to 22nF to 100nF is a grab value. If it gets more serious and I expect some RF I may go higher or use 22nF + 1uF or something, or 2 in parallel, or and you see resistors in series to get the correct dividers, and in that case there are more than one possibilities too. So if not sure ask. Actually the code works that way too.. I just type it like these postings, do a spell check (assembler, compiler), and it usually works, sometimes when spaced out it does not work, I just go blank, get pissed, and then my hands write the right code. There is this guy who can do Pi by head to hundreds of digits, he does it the same way, wait for his brain to show the right next digit [there is youtube video of him doing that, no I cannot do that], If "I", my ego, mind, takes over, usually I have to scrap the code. I sometimes do save those attempts, few day ago I saved one as 'take 1', dunno about take one, should read it someday, but it was crap :-) Maybe better erase that. We are neural nets, not logic machines, and them little neurons can do a lot more then you may think, _if_ you let them. OK that was philosophy for Sunday morning.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan, why argue with the man - he's trying to help you.

The more illegible the document, the fewer who will bother to read it.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:42:08 -0400) it happened Joe Gwinn wrote in :

I was trying to help him. really some people have no clue how to even watch a large JPG.

Those who really care will learn, and ask, and to be quite honest, I do not give a f*ck about those wo dont.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje