a question about relays

I have a project that I would like to control two relays with one swiich. Is this possible? I was going to use a DPDT relay but that price is a little steap for the current rating that a I needed(25 amps min). I can go down to the local automotive store a get a 30 amp relay for 5 bucks.

Reply to
B Ghostleader

The problem you will have, if you do that, is that only one relay will actually do the work of breaking the current. The other will open first, with little wear on its contacts. Then the other will open, and have to break more than its rated current to do so. One result will be faster contact wear. Another result could be failure to break the circuit at all, depending on the voltage, or contacts welding together.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

--
I missed the part where he said he wanted to run the contact sets in
parallel...

--
Yes, it's easy.  Just connect the coils in parallel and treat the
combination like a single coil.