A New Invention? (Was : Re: Radio Amnesty from 22nd May - 26th June.)

It's all a con - a case of 'new lamps for old'. All of my old lamps

> seem to work better than my single new one (bought with great > expections and enthusiasm, a few years ago). I'm not making the same > mistake twice.

Perhaps the world of Radio Hammery could put its thinking cap on, and gain a great deal of PR from the man-in-the-street?

We all have a number of traditional AM and FM radios which have given sterling service over a number of years.

The Brit govt has virtually decreed that these are to go the way of the dinosaur.

How about a small packet of electronics, no more comples than, say. a mobile phone available from your local emporium for £20, to sit under your AM or FM radio; to sense the frequency of the local oscillator, and from its data base (ROM is dirt cheap these days) receive the appropriate digital broadcast and then re-radiate it at a low level, but at sufficient strength, that it may be picked up by the broadcast receiver?

A set-top box in reverse, and therefore best placed underneath!

It wouldn't resolve the problem of the traditional Crystal Set.

Reply to
Gareth Evans G4SDW

Try

Chris