A lot to be said for modern technology - even if it's Chinese!

The Chinese have certainly come on quality-wise from the crap they used to churn out a couple of decades ago. I didn't expect much at all from these two items I got off Ebay; less than 100 bux the pair, they were. However, credit where it's due, they've worked wonders for the paltry sum of money they want in return. This photo shows a TinySA in RF generator mode outputting a claimed

-23dbm and some other Chinese gadget - an RF power meter - agreeing with it to within 0.1dbm. Not only that, but both test as in spec with my HP RF power meter. Not only *that* either, but they both go down to

-60dbm and agree all the way whereast the HP bottoms out at -30. And the Chinks have done all that without recourse to the very expensive, heavy and bulky thermistor head the HP unit requires. Respect is due, here, I'd say. (we should still nuke 'em over Corona virus, but that's another matter).

Cursitor Doom

The TinySA and TinySA Utra designs are not Chinese but Dutch, see

is produced (and sold) in China by Zeenko, see
rest of the offers on Ali or Amazon are mostly clones that do not meet the spec and will fail FW upgrades (aka chinese crap).

Arie

Reply to
Arie de Muijnck