8031 question

Hello

I have problem with translating .asm code for 8031 MCU. Here is the source:

Regards

Reply to
mplanic

Yes, Right, I see your problem right away.....

Care to tell *what* your problem really is? Don't you understand the original code? Can't figure out how to produce the same behaviour with a

8031?
Reply to
Peter M. Groen

I dont understand the original code, if I understand I would't ask this kind a question.

Reply to
mplanic

With ASEM -51 ver 1.3 I get this errors:

disp.asm(89): illegal character disp.asm(90): illegal statement syntax disp.asm(91): only allowed in code segment disp.asm(92): illegal statement syntax disp.asm(417): illegal character disp.asm(418): illegal character disp.asm(419): illegal character disp.asm(430): illegal character disp.asm(431): illegal character disp.asm(432): illegal character disp.asm(433): illegal character disp.asm(434): illegal character disp.asm(441): illegal character disp.asm(442): illegal character disp.asm(2161): illegal character disp.asm(2162): illegal character disp.asm(2270): illegal character disp.asm(2304): illegal character disp.asm(2402): illegal character disp.asm(2403): illegal character disp.asm(2505): illegal character disp.asm(2505): illegal character disp.asm(3037): illegal character disp.asm(3079): illegal character

Regards

Reply to
mplanic

What do you mean by "translating"?

Do you meant that it won't assemble with some particular assembler you have?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

50 errors with the Metalink x-assembler. Some similar huge number with PseudoSam TASM -51 reports a divide overflow and exits

People should indicate the assembler in the header, eh?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Translate it into WHAT? C, BASIC, FORTH, Pseudo Code, Flowchart, Klingon?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

you forgot Lisp, Cobol, Fortran, Pascal, Assembler, Logo, Java, XLMS and what ever else i didn't think of.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Algol 68 -- or Ada!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You also forgot about Valgol (the Valley Girl language):

From its modest beginnings in Southern California's San FernandoValley, VALGOL is enjoying a dramatic surge of popularity across the industry.

Here is a sample program: LIKE, Y*KNOW(I MEAN)START IF PIZZA = LIKE BITCHEN AND GUY = LIKE TUBULAR AND VALLEY GIRL = LIKE GRODY**MAX(FERSURE)**2 THEN FOR I = LIKE 1 TO OH*MAYBE 100 DO*WAH - (DITTY**2) BARF(I)=TOTALLY GROSS(OUT) SURE LIKE BAG THIS PROGRAM REALLY LIKE TOTALLY (Y*KNOW) IM*SURE GOTO THE MALL

When the user makes a syntax error, the interpreter displays the message:

GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!

Reply to
Bob

There was an OS for one of the old Tandy computers which allegedly had an error message along the lines of, "Beam me up Scotty, she's sucking mud!"

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

These are errors in macro definitions and their subsequent invocations. Seems like the macro assembler originaly used has a different macro definition to ASEM-51.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell