737s

The wild 737 crawls out of its natural river habitat to spawn.

Reply to
bitrex

Train derailment due to inadequate track inspection and frequency, steep embankments subject to heavy rain wash are the real bad actors.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 03:02:19 -0400 (EDT), bitrex Gave us:

Mom has to wash them off before they can grow wings...

Pretty funny, dude.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:21:22 AM UTC-4, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wro te:

Laugh away, retarded boy, and continue to remain oblivious to the hopeless ineptitude of the US freight railway system, hauling ever more toxic and da ngerous loads, the usual pathetic oversight of the Federal Railway Administ ration, and a myriad of other problems caused by ignorant useless and incom petent people. The important thing is that you get a laugh out of it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I wonder how you close a river...

RL

Reply to
legg

Closed to recreational boating traffic. ...Jim Thompson

embankments subject to heavy rain wash are the real bad actors.

This is an excellent application for drones. The Federal Railroad Administr ation requires all the railways ( the companies that actually own and maint ain the tracks) to conduct constant track inspections. The inspection crews know their assigned areas like the back of their hands, the problem is it is very time consuming. The drones would allow them to scan way larger sect ions of track very quickly during times of high risk events like above aver age rainfalls. This train derailed because of washed rail bed, that is some thing that can be eyeballed from a drone, they could see the bed debris was hed down the hillside from a drone. Drones would no be good for things like the internal latent rail fractures that eventually give way under stress, those are caught using x-ray moving inspections. It seems all the big derai lment disasters lately have been caused by a rail bed washed by channeled h eavy rainfall, the track is totally intact so the track continuity detector s don't pick it up, but the first train that comes along rips it apart.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's the Canutedness that amuses me. Language use really does give us an interesting picture of changing popular conceit.

RL

Reply to
legg

Yeah, we can close a river; but we can't even keep gravel where we want it....

RL

Reply to
legg