6800 clock generator circuit

curse the 6800 the 6802,6803 were much easier to play with. Onboard clock generators for phase1 and phase2, I simply had to provide a ttl compatible signal as clock input or rig up a crystal

does anyone have a clean/simple clock generator logic for the 6800 thats meets its requirements (non overlapping edges etc).

Just curious thats all

Reply to
rombios

Geez, I did that 30+ years ago.

I recall using a couple of 74S gates and some RCs to produce the basic non-overlap timing, and a couple of PNP transistors to boost things in the pullup direction.

Nowadays a simple HC or maybe AC logic circuit should do it, good hard pullup and pulldown drives. A couple of RC delays can do the anti-overlap.

The 6800 was a mild nuisance to program. You couldn't push the index, or something like that, and that was annoying. I actually wrote an RTOS for it, with a reentrant floating-point package, but it was tedious.

John