5V LDO With UVLO below 4V

Hi all, I need a LDO (100mA/5V) with a UVLO ULVO>4V min. i.e. the LDO output starts (no regulation) at 4V and beyond and start regulation at (5V + Vdropout) > 5.25V It's possible to do this with a TL431 placed before the LDO to enable certain EN pin in certain LDO but it's too complicated ....

Best regards, H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

Sounds like a dual opamp could do that

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Although i'm not for using a dual op amp could you elaborate this ?

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

Not totally clear what you want. Can you elaborate? ...Jim Thompson

Hey Jim, it's probably my english syntax ... so i can be more explicit, sure. Is an LDO chip exists on the market that fulfill my requirements ?

BR, H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

I can read French highway signs... Otherwise I'd be lost forever south of Strasbourg ;-)

You want an LDO with a UVLO at 4V... is that correct?

For the LDO, itself, what specifications, Vout, Imax, etc? ...Jim Thompson

Hey you've been near Strasbourg en Alsace ! Hope you've enjoy the food and some local beers (pils). You mention south of Stras where exactly ? in fact i know Alsace-Lorraine very well 'cause i've been living there some years ago (In Mulhouse exactly).

Yes exactly.

Vout = 5V, Imax=0.1A, No other specific requirements like line regulation, noise reject ratio ...etc

BR, H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

One opamp clips output at 5v. 2nd opamp removes output tr drive if V_out is nt going to meet 4v.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

+

isnt going to meet 4v.

Opamps are the obvious option, but one could probably use diods/zeners & tr s instead

NT

Reply to
meow2222

?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This is exactly the LDO which i need ! pp 18 & 19 of the datasheet describe just fine my system requirements, futhermore i quiecent is quite low.

Thank you very much Lasse.

BR, H.

Reply to
Habib Bouaziz-Viallet

TL431 is a 3 terminal device containing a comparator and a voltage reference. It's probably better than op-amps,

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

te:

put

5V +

fore

ut isnt going to meet 4v.

& trs instead

A comparator wouldnt work, an opamp does. I presume TL431 contains an opamp - it won't be a comparator.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Not "comparator", but "amplifier".

As I have posted before, you can actually use a TL431 as an OpAmp. ...Jim Thompson