555 Frequency Precision

And graduates get taught this stuff ? You mean the 'professors' know ? Experience suggests to me that it's unlikely sadly.

Back in my college days we had a pretty good prof who taught us basic electronics. His PhD was actually in acoustics but he was pretty competent in electronics too. He wasn't immune from making the odd error though. After a while we worked up a neat double act when he goofed. I'd catch his eye and he would suggest that 'Graham has something to mention on this subject' or words to that effect. Amusing - but he had the sense to know his limits. It worked well. I was a 'mature student' though, so my experience counted for something.

I was truly appalled by the trash I was 'taught' when I spent 1 yr at University College London. I expected it to be good. I was seriously disappointed. I left after that year. Turned out to be a good move actually.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

In article , John Fields wrote: [....]

Ok, add "don't use a cheap pot either" to the advice.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith