350w peltier as a power generator, electricity generator

i found 350w peltiers on market nowadays did anyone play with this thing? how much wattage will pump out at 80 celcius temperature differential? i live in very cold region and this unit may even prove practical for me!

thanks much

Reply to
david picard

I've heard of people using a high-temperature Peltier (e.g. a Ferrotec or Marlow, not a Melcor) between a camp stove and a cooking pot, to charge batteries.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I found one reference that mentioned a thermal efficiency of 4%, but I can't tell if that applies to modern units or not. That would convert a 350 watt heat flow to 14 watts of electrical energy.

Here are some related links I found:

John Popelish

Hello Phil,

There is also a Peltier fan for wood stoves. Freaking expensive for my taste. So, ours runs with regular fans and a battery backup in case the power goes. Works fine.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

We've got one on our group- owned narrow boat. It works wonderfully, but most of the rest of the group think it works by magic. I just tell them that it's the fan turning that makes the stove burn...

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke