3 in 1 carpenters tool

Yup, I finally got around to using a 3 in 1 tool I got at the junk store for under 10 bucks, so I can do a little carpentry work on my ceiling in the kitchen.

It does metal, voltage and stud detection, and does it very well too.

I did notice however, in stud mode, it didn't seem to detect me? I only paid 10 bucks so I guess there is no great lost there ;).

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

It appears to be working just fine...

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

You have to have a woody to be detected in stud mode.

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

I thought Jamie was inverted :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

oo.

If it works magnetically, it only can tell where the stud got nailed.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

It detects STUDS, not DUDS.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even worse. He was Slomanized.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe. I have one that finds studs acoustically... works quite well. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It just can't locate the elusive 'Lone Neuron' in Maynard Philbrook's granite skull.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some of them are capacitive.

A magnet finds the nails.

I want a GHz or THz imager that shows everything inside the walls. For $19.95 at Home Depot.

I wonder if you could see studs with a thermal imager. Maybe heat-gun the wall a bit first for contrast.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Or have a flaming liberal stand on the other side of the wall? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Naw, it is telling you something.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

mine is capacitative, a 555 with a wire antenna instead of the timing capacitor and a an 8-bit microcontroller (which I assume is) watching for frequency changes from the 555

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I've seen thermal images showing internal wall structure

perhaps turn the heat up/down on the other side of the wall to contrast with this side.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts