3.3V Regulator

Dear Group, I looking for a 3.3 Volts Regulator (linear or Switched) on a small package, @ 2Amps, Anyone know some types?, it will be very comercial chip! Thanks

Reply to
betoelectronica

This is such an open-ended question I don't know where to start. I think you need to give more information. Like, input voltage, and if heat/efficiency matters.

Reply to
hondgm

Hmm, a basic Zener of aprox 3.8v volts on a basic base driver circuit maybe ? i guess it would be in impact mode at that low level instead of zener mode. oh well

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Well, I think that input voltage is between 9 adn 12 VDC, the current output must be at leas 1.5 Amps

Reply to
betoelectronica

Which means that the package size is likely to be be determined by thermal dissipation if a linear regulator is used ( Pd = Vin - Vout X Iload so up to 18W ! ) so a switcher seems the best idea.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

First you said 2 amps. 1.5 amps is significantly different - use an LM317. They come in SOT-223, but you'll need a significant heat sink.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

do you know the sharp series?, like the 070XH02, how I can use this?

Reply to
betoelectronica

Use a National LM2678 or similar. These switchers are actually good for 5A. I've been using them and they work well. I believe there's another part number that works up to 2 or 3 A. The LM2678 is adjustable, but there is a 3.3V-only version.

With 9-12V in, you "have" to use a switcher. A linear is going to generate tons of heat.

Reply to
hondgm

You'll never get that much heat out of an SOT-223 package.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

No.

A Google for "070XH02" suggests it's obsolete.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear