200A 6kW sub-us analog-controlled pulses.

First, referencing a previous s.e.d. thread: Title: Trying JLCPCB for 200A 6kW LED pulser. Was about my RIS-796 design, implementing a refined version of the 200-amp theatre LED pulser in AoE x-Chapters, read 3x.19 And about procuring PCBs (arriving in a few days). Free blank PCBs available, w/ free shipping.

See RIS-796_2_proto_fab-2, in Dropbox folder:

New project: Make a similar 200A LED pulser, but with active analog op-amp control, rather then a gate pulse (as in 3x.19 and RIS-796). New project, RIS-496A (the A is for analog), see x-Chapters 4x.26 for concept and theory.

Complete schematic of the new design, see file RIS-796A_1_sch_bw.pdf For details of the output stage, first read or scan 4x.26. Doing the calculations with R1 = 20mR, find that gate resistor R2 must be low, 3.3 ohms, implying the use of a serious driver, BUF634. Keep in mind, driving MOSFET's Ciss = 7600pF. Taking advantage of precision analog waveform control, and seeking to combat LED failure, a rise-fall linear ramp has been added, D3 D4. Most other accouterments may be obvious.

Expected result, exceed performance of the original "digital" drive, by adding waveform refinements. At the expense of more parts.

Inviting discussion here, in case some ideas come up, before I finish the new PCB layout.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

A new file added to the DropBox folder: RIS-796A_4x.26_calculations, showing simple R3 and R2 C2 math for the 200A circuit.

In 4x.26, we showed measurements for a 2.5 amp 25ns programmable current-source at half scale, but now we seek to explore up to 250 amps.

Free "digital" PCBs are available now, and the "analog" PCBs will be available after layout.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Updated files on DropBox. Writeups for the RIS-796 digital, with scope traces, and the new RIS-796A analog. Now ready to order PCB:

https://www.dr> W>>

--
 Thanks,
    - Win