100x sample rate playback

I have a complex audio signal recorded as a 16 bit WAV file at a sample rate of 44,100. Duration is 1 second. I would like to build a circuit to play it back at a rate of 100x, eg. 4,410,000.

Can anyone please advise what the best design approach (stand alone device) would be to help get me started?

If the playback rate is too high, the 44,100 could probably be lowered as much as 6000. It could also be recorded as 8 bit if that helps.

Thank you for any comments or insights on what is involved.

Ken Stacey

Reply to
Ken Stacey

If you just play it back at 44.1kHz (with a proper reconstruction filter) and

*tell* someone you're playing it back at 4.41MHz, how would they ever know the difference if they all have to look at is the analog output?

What are you trying to do?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

  1. Lowpass the signal to 200Hz
  2. Decimate it to 1/100
  3. Play the result at the original sample rate of 44100.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

On a sunny day (Thu, 08 Nov 2007 06:54:45 +1100) it happened Ken Stacey wrote in :

Burn in ROM, DA converter, counter on address lines, 74HC46 VCO as clock. But you won't hear anything: 15,000 Hz becomes 1,500,000 Hz (1.5MHz)

100 Hz would become 10kHz, etc. So the question then is: What is it for?
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

There are a lot of shareware and very inexpensive audio editors available on the internet - just google for them. You can do most of the things you listed, but I don't think you will be able to do a 4.41 Mb/s playback rate. OTOH, you never know till you look.

In the end, what do you hope to achieve? Are you related to Radium?

Reply to
Don Bowey

And what speaker system is the OP going to play it on?

Anyone remember the Memorex audio tape adverts?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

On a sunny day (Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:40:11 +0100) it happened Martin Griffith wrote in :

No, please enlighten us:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ISTR a black lady singing, Ella?, off a cassette tape, and the Ad showed a wine glass being destroyed by the power of the sound. Bit foggy after that, must be the wine shuffle, shuffle, mumble, gottit

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

On a sunny day (Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:25:52 +0100) it happened Martin Griffith wrote in :

Ah, yes, I think I tried that once with a signal generator.. did not work. Probably had the wrong type of glass.. As to the 'fidelity' of Memorex, all I remember is that in the old quadruplex seventies video recording days those 2 inch wide Memorex tapes started shedding a white power, clogging the heads.... Probably some binding substance... Hope they fixed it :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Memorex was not that good, was it, I always stuck with ampex or BASF. LR56 was monster in the 70's, for audio, fortunately I got into video in the 1" days, when tape had been sorted

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

What if there is a higher than 200Hz component in the original signal? It would then be lost.

For example, if I generate a 20KHz sinewave and wanted to play it back as 2MHz.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stacey

Probably so. In general, though, it's doable -- on MythBusters they couldn't do it (having someone "sing") at first, but then managed to do it with a function generator and audio amplifier, and afterwards the singer managed to do it too, having listened to the function generator to get the pitch correct. Pretty impressive!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Ken Stacey"

** This utter FUCKWIT is the same TROLL who posted the same asinine query here back on August 16th - using the heading " DSP Frequency Multiplier ".

He then changed the heading to " Resample MHz signal".

The TROLL called himself " Jame Barlow " or " James Barlow".

The IP addy used then was: 60.241.154.13

The IP addy used now is: 60.241.156.115

The TROLL is posting from Australia.

Piss the PITA fool off.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oz cant be that big a place. Just get a couple of your buddies and drive over to his place and punch him in the nose for being an arsehole. The other guys should take pictures to show us.

Reply to
BobG

Not that big, only takes 6 days to drive from one side to the other.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Wasn't there a case of beer on offer to the first person who can post a photo of our friend Phil?

For our septic tank friends:

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I had a truck like that. It went to the crusher the other day.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It never took Mad Max that long.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Ken Stacey snipped-for-privacy@macrotec.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Rent a long record arb generator.

Reply to
JosephKK

Jan Panteltje snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I remember in the early 1970's memorex made pretty good digital tape, but very mediocre audio tape. I preferred 3m black watch when i could find/afford it. I also discovered maxell in the mid 1970's, though they are top price brand name today.

Reply to
JosephKK