10/100Base-T transformers

There's an H1102 a few inches from my left elbow as I type this. It seems to work fine.

Well some are different on the MAC side to handle different driver impedances, where the resistors go, etc.

Look for one that matches the specs on the integrated magenetics connnector you are replacing. Question though - could you just plug a stub cable into the connector and run that to your screw terminals? Screw terminals will probably work at 10mb/s, would not be at all suprised if they don't at 100mb... but who knows.

Reply to
cs_posting

Hi,

I have to specify a 10/100Base-T transformer (without RJ45 socket). I looked at some Pulse datasheets but they have so many with almost identical specs that I don't know which one to choose. So for now I kind of randomly picked the H1102 but I am wondering that there must be a reason why they have so many. Is there someone who can enlighten me a bit on this? I need it to use in place of those connectors mounted on Rabbit modules with ethernet chips from Realtek (RTL8019) and Asix (AX88796) because we want ethernet on screw terminals.

Other manufacturers?

Thanks in advance,

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

looked

specs

picked

chips

screw

That's what we are doing now (works at 10mb/s and 100mb/s), but making stubs costs time and money and they complicate the device assembly.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo