Xicon C0G disc caps

Shopping for caps at Mouser, I notice that Xicon C0G disc caps are cheaper than the others by a considerable margin. It could be because they're bulky, but other disc caps are priced 5 to 10 times higher.

For instance :

140-50N5-101J Xicon 140-50N5-101J 100pF 5% 100V $0.15 75-562RTST10 Sprague 562RTST10 100pF 5% 100V $0.54

Fun, eh ? And that value is particularly expensive from Xicon. Most other values are between 0.05 and 0.09 USD a piece and the price ratio approaches 8.

What's the catch ?

I'm tempted by the AVX Spinguard axial caps because they fit anything from .2" on (and even .1" if I mount them vertically) but the print is *really* tiny. I'm hoping that a disc (or box) would be easier to read.

--
André Majorel
"The best justice that money can buy."

I don't see one, the price of the Sprague part is exorbitant. Even the Xicon is about 4x what I'd to expect to see on a BOM.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear