What form of words would I present a search engine to find out

What form of words would I present a search engine to find out the technical info on lithium jump starters, how they work, what is the bank of the three pin TO packages in the positive line to car batteries made up of and what for?every querie I put ends up with sales junk and nothing technical

Reply to
F Murtz

"How to use a search engine" would be my suggestion...

(ducking)

John ;-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Tested in "Duck Duck Go":

"Lithium Battery Charging" "Lithium Battery Discharging" (look down the page) "Lithium Battery jump starter teardown"

The model numbers from those "TO packages" would probably yeild some information as well (if you can figure out which part of the text printed on them is the model number).

Lithium batteries can only be discharged so far before they are damaged

so it stands to reason that there will be some components to switch off the battery output when a circuit detects the battery becoming exhausted (transistor/s, thyristor/s etc.).

--

The latter not working very well... :)

--

They are scrubbed out but some info on what they were was found when I put teardown in the question.

Reply to
F Murtz