smallest encoder?

I'm looking for the smallest mechanical encoder in existence that is readily bought. NOT one that is designed to be mounted onto motors like the one micromo/faulhaber sells as 'world's smallest encoder.'

It would be for a small hand-turned knob to tell software what position its being rotated.

The smallest I could find is this, but it is obsolete:

Is there any at that size or smaller? Anything larger will not work. The body has to be 6mm wide or less.

Reply to
Generalspecific

Generalspecific wrote in news:0c3ebada-5248-4880- snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Search for rotary encoders on globalspec, and specify a maximum size of

0.1"

Looks like Heidenhein or CUI might be your best bet, and grayhill can do custom work.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply