RCA SCR replacement or DC motor control

I have a SCR from a speed control from a wire-fed welder that probably is bad & needs replacing. There doesn't seem to be a direct substitute for it, so I am trying to find the specs for the part (80's vintage) and find something that is close. Markings are: EWM 44 RCA H 8410 Could also drop in another speed control altogether. No markings on motor it controls, but 0-24V, 7A DC would probably do. Help with either SCR or speed control would be appreciated.

Reply to
Fritz

What is the package (TO-3, TO-220 etc)?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Just find the largest amp rated SCR you can in that package. You are very unlikely to run into gate current problems. Use the correct voltage SCR of course.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Thanks! I'll do it!

Reply to