Nichrome Wire?

I'm replacing very tiny heating coils. It's about the size of a thread, maybe about .010" in diameter. I don't know exactly what gauge they are yet, but I wondering where to find the wire itself. Any Ideas?

Reply to
Jim Davis

GregS

"Jim Davis" wrote in news:49f76a81$ snipped-for-privacy@news.x-privat.org:

If you're in the UK, try

and keep that site noted, it's awesome. Lots of fine gradations of thickness in nichrome starting from much finer than 0.010" and going much thicker too. Same goes for stainless, which is how I heard of that site. Considering the low cost for small amounts, you could be anywhere from LA heading east to Sri Lanka and still find that site worth buying direct from. I used to think eBay was a good place for unusual or exacting demands for small amounts of wire, till I was told about that site.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

,

Jim, Check out

all the specs you need for fine gauge Nichrome wire 0.10 dia. is 30 gauge

Regards, Paul

Reply to
Paul

I found it! McMaster Carr (who's have thought it) 30 bucks for a roll of what I needed. .004" dia. (My .010' guess was way off.)

Thanks for the responses guys.

Reply to
Jim Davis