Need Resistor from a FCU-HT08/18 18v Charger...or a way to tell what a replacement resistor should be.

Hey all,

Got asked to fix a "Fash Charger" FCU-HT/0818 18v battery charger.

Batterys wont charge, and took case appart, R2 is blown, and i cannot tell what the proper replacement is...

Is there a way to figure out the correct replacement, without a schematic or someone looking at a working model?

-Chris

Reply to
christopher issler

Why are you asking here, instead of a newsgroup where people might actually own and use that tool? This newsgroup is intended to help locate hard to source components, not for one off repair work.

Michael A. Terrell

If its for a NiCd pack, its probably burned the resistor due to shorted cells.

Reply to
Ian Field

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:33:52 -0700 (PDT), christopher issler put finger to keyboard and composed:

It may (or may not) help if we could see a photo of the PCB.

Otherwise you may have better luck posting to sci.electronics.repair.

IIRC, N_Cook once described how he was able to "guesstimate" the value of the resistor by measuring the resistance of the remnants.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar