M5M27400AK EPROM - can't find the specs

Trying to find the pinout and capacity of a M5M27400AK EPROM but I'm not having any luck - can anyone help please?

Thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:19:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

I found this document which shows the list of supported devices for a Stag P800 programmer:

The Mitsubishi M5M27400AK device requires an M813 module.

Other devices requiring the same module are:

AM27C400-XX (AMD) AM27C800-XX (AMD) P87C251 (Intel microcontroller) M5M27C102K (Mitsubishi) TC574200D (Toshiba)

The AM27C400 and TC574200D parts are 4Mbit (512K x 8 or 256K x 16) CMOS EPROMs:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Many thanks for that - so presumably the M5M27400AK is pin compatible with the AM27C400 ?

Reply to
jamma-plusser

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:44:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

I would presume so, but remember that the M813 module also accepts a microcontroller. This suggests that the programmer can account for any non-significant differences.

If your part is installed on a PCB, then I would think that it shouldn't be too difficult to trace the address and data buses back to the CPU, or to a RAM with a known pinout. The supply pins should be easy to determine, also.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Sorry, thought I said - the original part is a mask ROM with the same pinout as the AM27C400, that's why I wanted to check if the M5M27400AK is the same as I know someone with a couple of spares (the original mask ROM is missing, but I can program up an EPROM as I have the relevant binary). So thanks to your help, I'll get hold of a M5M27400AK and give it a go. :-)

Reply to
jamma-plusser

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:01:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

FYI, my Sunshine Expro-60 programmer configures both the AM27C400 and M5M27400AP/K as follows:

Vpp = 12.75V Vcp = 6.25V

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thank you kindly.