looking for a transistor

So every HOT ever made isn't at all reasonable (hFE typ 2.5 to 5)?

:^)

Storage time sure goes to hell, though. Even fast HOTs are a couple microseconds. ZTX651 is something like 800ns at beta = 10 (a good 10-20 times less than hFE at the same Ic).

At any rate, 2N2222 has a fat junction, and is specified for up to 500mA, so there.

Tim

Tim Williams

Not to free air it doesn't.

2N2222 Pd = 500 mW

PN2222 Pd = 625 mW

AMD CPUs have been manufactured in an epoxy based package for years (organic PGA).

Yes, it's lower. Read the bloody datasheet !

I wouldn't expect a retard like you to even begin to have a clue.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"GPE" wrote in news:IUyej.57604$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.phx:

Indeed, and power MOSFET's go very cheap in decent quantity on eBay at times. So cheaply that it doesn't make sense not to take advantage...

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

John Popelish wrote in news:1dqdnR4N2YlibOfanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Cool, someone mentions Zetex. They do seem to have a uniquely strong spec for such small transistors. Even the tiny e-line thingers make some TO92 types look clumsy. Maybe the small size radiates heat better, less bulk to seep through the way it must out of a TO92. For switching though, I'd still prefer MOSFETs. Many will have VERY low RDS with a 5V gate input.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

(snip)

It has almost nothing to do with radiation, and everything to do with conduction. The E-line has a copper lead frame, with an over sized collector mounting flag that allows short leads to large copper traces to carry away more heat.

Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

2n4401 is rated at 600mA continuous.
Reply to
Anthony Fremont

That was my thinking too.

Maybe Fred has lot of 'surplus' parts ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Nah, he just likes to be right. Unlike the rest of us here. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

No it is not; original spec was in the 100mA region, and we have idiots wanting them to act like perfect switches up to two amps.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I can think of lots of products I worked on in the distant past that would probably develop beaucoup problems with chips of any considerably greater speed. Nothing shoddy, it would have more to do with PC board materials (using what was more than sufficient in the day rather than what might someday be nice), layout, bypassing, etc. and power supply design (again, what was more than sufficient for the job then).

--
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Government officials and activists flying to Bali,
Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause

That's 20% better, idiot!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

That's the interconnect array. The DIE is attached to metallic, thermally conductive media, dipshit. What do you think that metal hat is, epoxy? Get a clue.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I wish they made TO-220's that could handle overload.

Tim

still

Reply to
Tim Williams

Same here.

Wasn't there a similar Philips offering ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

WHY people want to continue using such an ancient device perplexes me. I don't know of any Europeans who still specify BC108s for example (dates from the mid ? 60s). I now use the BC548 in such applications and welcome the enhanced spec and lower price.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The metal can part (2N2222) has a LOWER Pd.

You claimed it was higher.

You're WRONG as ever.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You mean METAL ? LOL @ "metallic, thermally conductive media" !

Get a clue about being accurate wrt what you say.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Nothing specific about TO-220s in that regard.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Really? I was wondering if I could build a class AB power amplifier with transistors like ZTX651 and -751. Are you saying it's a good idea then?

Tim

Tim Williams

volts

keep

Max current for 2n2222 seems to depend on manufacturer. Note of caution: incandescent lamp might draw up to x10 current when it's cold. I learned it once hard way ~25 years ago.

Reply to
Michael