LM336 vs. LM336B ?

What is the difference between the LM336 and LM336B ? I can't find any on the data sheet I have doesn't show any and yet Farnell carries both (at very different prices).

Thanks in advance.

--
André Majorel
(Counterfeit: osehiq@compression.com ipuzup@vigilant.com)

The standard National data sheet, has two columns in the electrical characteristics section, one labelled 'LM136A/LM336A', and the other 'LM336B'. The B has slightly worse tolerance on the initial reference voltage, but about twice as good temperature stability.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Roger Hamlett schrieb:

This should probably read LM136A/LM236A. The LM136 has an operating temperature range from -55=B0C to +150=B0C, the LM236 from -25=B0C to

+85=B0C.

The LM336 is specified at (2.49 +/- 0.10)V at 25=B0C, and the LM336B at (2.49 +/- 0.05)V, which is twice as good. Between the two, there is no difference in temperature stability. The stability of the LM136 and the

LM236 is worse because it refers to a larger temperature range.

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

Roger Hamlett schrieb:

No. There is a seperate column for the 136/236.

Sorry, but this differs completely from the sheet. The 136/236, has it's own seperate column. I can only say what is printed on the sheets I have...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Roger Hamlett schrieb:

I think there is little real disagreement. Unfortunately the original poster didn't tell us if he meant the 2.5V versions or the 5V versions of this chip. Unfortunately you mentioned only the LM336A and LM336B, but not the LM336 (no A or B suffix) he also asked about. My point was to explain the seemingly strange fact that the higher grade LM236/LM236A and LM136/LM136A have worse temperature stability specs.

My reference is the National Semiconductor pdf datasheet dated May

1998. This has just two columns: one labelled "LM136A-2.5/ LM236A-2.5/ LM136-2.5/ LM236-2.5" and the other "LM336B-2.5/ LM336-2.5".

Martin.

Reply to
clicliclic

Please Check this web site for the answer.

Hope it will help Cyrus

Reply to
Cyrus

Check this site too, Now the choice is yours, you want 2.5 volt or 5 volt Programmable Shunt Regulator.

Regards, Cyrus

Reply to
Cyrus

Roger Hamlett schrieb:

OK.

Mine was the 2004, printed databook. They look to have 'fiddled' a bit with their layout and claims. The usual explanation for a less stable version being more expensive, is that they basically don't sell an of them!... :-)

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett