kick start for ac are they expensive to replace

I am looking for information on the cost of the capacitor it is 1 - 3 hp BMI 250 vac 50/60 HZ My air went out and I am sure this has to be replaced. would like to know how much they cost

Reply to
Mary

Many online sites. A source I like is Grainger who may also have a local brick'n'mortar presence.

Reply to
Rich Webb

If that's a motor start/run capacitor; they usually imitate a party-popper when they fail.

If its gone short circuit; the motor will buzz angrily - and let the magic smoke out if you don't turn it off quick!

Reply to
Ian Field