Is there an 18V LM358?

I made a circuit with some LM358, where I need very close to the maximum 32V power supply. It worked as expected up to about 21V - 22V, but above that, it started behaving strangely. I replaced the chips (all 3 of them), with no change. Then I replaced the chips again, but this time with ones from a different purchase. Now, all is well.

The chips in question are marked 18V on the line below the LM358 designator.

Are they 18V variants of the LM358, or are they simply poor quality fakes?

(Yes, they were bought on Ebay, and they were cheap.)

--
RoRo
Reply to

Real LM358s from a real distributor cost pennies. Chuck them out and use good ones.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs