Help on datasheets

Hi all, I'm writing from Italy Need your help to find out the datasheets for some custom Yamaha chips codes: iG00150 LFO iG00159 Envelope iG00153 VCO-III iG00158 Waveshaper iG00151 VCA Is anybody able to address me anywhere I can find any data about these ICs? many thanks for your support! M

Reply to
Max Fazio

"Max Fazio" wrote in news:4457cec4$0$36929$ snipped-for-privacy@reader3.news.tin.it:

You might have trouble there, Yamaha were known to spend ten years on research for their synthesizers, and they refined their work, and protected their investment, with custom chips. The only likely way to get info is to ask them directly. They'd probably give you a pinout diagram, which might also appear in the schematic of the synthesizer they are used in.

It looks like you're maybe either repairing a CS30, or wanting some CS30 parts for your own design, and either way, maybe the best place to get a schematic without going to Yamaha is to ask some of the sythesizer museums. I saw that Google listed a few sellers of parts too, so they might help. Probably just got the parts though, and no details.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

What I was looking was; given that on the iG00150 chip the sinewave is basically a waveshaped triangle wave I needed to dig in order to understand what extra harmonics were present and what was the quality of these harmonics. For what I know Yamaha states they did loose the datasheets of these chips but I'm not believing this....so any synth museum could give me further information?? M "Lostgallifreyan" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Xns97B8898C42FElostgallifreyangmail@140.99.99.130...

protected

museums.

Reply to
Max Fazio

"Max Fazio" wrote in news:445b36f8$0$36931$ snipped-for-privacy@reader3.news.tin.it:

You'd have to ask them. :) Most have online presence so Google will find them.

They could definitely do something for you, if you can persuade them to take the time to do it... While you might not get the internal details, if it's the tonal character you're after, you could go to one of these synths (which is where the museum might become vital) and open the filter (route bypass if possible) to produce the softened-triangle 'sine' waveform, to record it. So long as you have at least a 16 bit 44.1 KHz WAV file or better, you can analyse its spectrum and see what other methods of making sines from triangles would make those same harmonics. You might even be able to tell just by looking at the waveshape.

In an answer to one of my posts, someone mentioned that nonlinear 'transfer functions' based on semiconductor junctions can be used to do this, but I'm the wrong person to ask for details on that.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan