Fujitsu Centronics Standard Interface - ...Q030

A shot in the dark here....

Quick question, I'm working on a project involving an FTP-621DCL002 board and looking over the "Centronics" standard pin assignments (Q030 connector) I have a question about 23, 27 and 28. These are labeled RINF2, RINF1, RINF3 respectively. What functions do RINF2, RINF1, and RINF3 correspond to in the Centronics standard interface?

Reply to
Philbo30

Thse are the return wires for some of the data lines. Normally grounded (I think) - they are the for twisted pair cables so each data line has a corresponding return wire. 28 is /acknlg return, 23 is D4 return, 27 is D8 return.

But the standard connector is 36 pins not 30. This might mess up the numbering.

gives some more info.

HTH

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's Website Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

It's kind of interesting. It looks like Fujitsu is implementing the Centronics standard on 30 pins instead of 36 pins. This is an embedded industrial component system so no real need for all 36 pins I guess.

But, in order to capture data, I've got to figure out how the 30 pin Fujitsu interface maps to the 36 pin standard. Only 3 pins left to figure out!

Reply to
Philbo30

Are these the tree pins you mentioned earlier? Why don't you test for continuity to ground on each of them using the probes both ways round (polarity)? You don't need the board powered up to do this.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's Website Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

On 15 Aug 2006 19:40:56 -0700, "Philbo30" put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to this document ...

... the three pins are "printer status" output pins.

The only other two outputs are ACKNLG* and BUSY. So it appears that RINF1-3 correspond to some combination of SELECT_OUT, PAPER_END, and FAULT*. You could test for PAPER_END by inserting and removing a sheet of paper. SELECT_OUT should change state as you toggle the ON-LINE or READY switch. Removing the print cartridge/ribbon may trigger the FAULT* condition.

One other possibility you may wish to consider is whether RINF1-3 represent a 3-bit proprietary signalling system allowing for the reporting of 7 or 8 different conditions.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar