Fast recovery diode query

Firstly is "fast recovery" diode = = "high speed" diode?

I have 2 ok diodes of originally 3 on a board, one missing. 1N4148 in size and form but known to be fast recovery types.

Is there a non-destructive test I could say graph-out sub 10mA and sub 20V plots of something of one and infer something about their manximum ratings?

They have 2 green colour bands and one thick blue band. I've scanned through a listing of 1500 fast recovery diodes of less than 100mA rating for 55 and a 6 in the type numbers but nothing found.

Reply to
N_Cook

Basically yes.

Well ... diodes that small usually are fast types anyway. It's only 'power diodes' (usually 1A rated and above) that are slow enough for there their fast equivalents to be separately designated.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Don't assume the missing one is the same type, or even required, if not present.

RL

Reply to
legg

How do you know?