Elektor Magazine.

The September issue was supposed to include a free LED driver PCB - mine didn't!

Can anyone describe to me how it was attached? This is not the first time Elektor has arrived sans freebie and as usual the newsagent vigorously denies any knowledge of it - I'm starting to suspect foul play!

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

Contact the Mag directly, they should have other copies & should be able to mail one out.

--
Terminal_Crazy

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England          http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy/
Reply to
Terminal Crazy

timeElektorhas arrived sans freebie and as usual the newsagent vigorously

The litle PCB was glued onto the logo. It was easy to remove without damaging the cover as the glue is non-permanent. My board works just fine. Full marks to Elektor for this free gift.

Richard

Reply to
homelab

timeElektorhas arrived sansfreebieand as usual the newsagent vigorously

Further to this, a friend bought the September issue from WHS Cambridge. No board was found on any of the magazines on the shelf. He advised Elektor of the missing board and was promised one to be sent foc by post. Apparently Elektor are inundated with complaints about missing/damaged freebie boards, dunno if all requests for free replacements are honoured.

Richard

Reply to
homelab

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Did he advise them of an entire missing shelf full? If not it's like reporting a missing horse when what you really saw was an empty stable, not the best way to get an appropriate response.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

I'd like to think of him as a modest man not too interested in stables and horses, and he only claimed a board for himself. Meanwhile the problem seems to be sufficiently known at Elektor, see some recent postings in their forum.

Reply to
homelab

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

I'm not overstating anything. It was you who raised the issue: "Further to this, a friend bought the September issue from WHS Cambridge. No board was found on any of the magazines on the shelf."

My point isn't to raise the value of his claim, it's nothing to do with that. The point is that if a large business like W H Smith isn't going to take care that the stock is sold intact or do anything to fix that or even admit it, then Elector are going to have to carry the blame as well as the cost of meeting claims. Who's going to tell them where the problem is, and where it should be fixed? You can bet that W H Smith won't unless they saw a shipment arrive already damaged. Stuff like that has to come from those who see it directly, and most benefit from Elector not being put under undue strain, after all if they can't get it fixed where it went wrong, they'll pass the costs on to customers in the end, if they need to.

I didn't read any forums but it's not me you need to convince, is it?

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan