Electret mic & boom

I can go down to the local electronics supermarket and find computer headsets complete with electret boom mike for a few bucks. However, trying to find just the microphone and boom with pigtail leads is proving either horrendously expensive or nearly impossible.

Probably not impossible if I wanted to buy a million of them, but I only need a hundred or so a month. Anybody got any sources for me?

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
        --Henry Ford

"RST Engineering \(jw\)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Find a cheap one that disassembles easily? Ideally one that leaves the headphones in a state than can be used so you avoid waste and have a chance of getting some money back by selling them on.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan