Diode replacement

Ok guys I cant get my hands on the original Fast Recovery Diode I need, but I found a possible replacement, but Im not sure if I can use it or not. So could someone tell me if I can use this replacement Diode?

Origianl Diode from the Amp Part number YG225D2 (click to enlarge)

Replacement Part number MUR1620CT

TidalWaveTiburon

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

No, if you need YG225D2 and not YG225C2, you need a version of the MUR1620CT that puts both diode anodes on the centre pin. (Double-check your original part to confirm that, I'm going on what you've posted here..)

Electrically they look like good replacements, with a possible lower limit on maximum fast surge current. If your original part died from overvoltage you might do better to use the MUR1640CT, but if it was current, even the MUR1620CT might not have the fast peak current tolerance you might need. If you have graphs for the original part it would be easier to tell. Another way to tell is to look at the data for the smoothing capacitors after the diode. If they're large capacity and also low ESR, you might have a critical dependency on the high surge current toelrance.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan