deep uv light source

Hi,

I' ve several questions concerning deep uv leds and uv lamps.

I wantto generate a uv light source below 280nm.

I think I can use uv lamps, but which system have to use to supply this type of lamps? is someone has references for uv lamps?

Also I can use deep uv lamps, It seems to begin to exist for this length of wave. Is someone has products references? Which price can I expect?

Thanks

Reply to
pes

pes wrote in news:44ec87b6$0$9133$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

Deuterium lamps. I don't know what they'll cost though, but they're being used in many things, so costs might be low now.

That page has links to other kinds of UV source too.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Germicidal lamps produce a lot of output in the 250-270 nm range and their electrical requirements are just like ordinary fluorescent lamps:

They are used in older-style EPROM erasers, which are common at secondhand electronics places.

Reply to
mc

In message , mc writes

Xenon lamps are also good and will produce a broad spectrum of UV down to about 190 nm. You will pay around £200 for them though and the power supplies are something of a black art.

The fact that the OP posted their question here suggests that they are not an expert. In which case it is appropriate to warn them, and anyone else dabbling with UV devices, to take precautions to prevent damage to the eyes, skin cancer or just serious sun-burn.

--
Graham
Reply to

Have any flurescent lamps? those lamps are actually generating UV light. However the white coating on the inside of the lamp "converts" UV light to visible light, while blocking escaping UV light. The white coating is energized by the UV that the lamp generates and in response expells visible light. You can simply just buy a fluorescent lamp without the white protective coating. To answer your question, **All the power requirements are the exactly the same**

I am not sure about the requirements for UV LEDs, but they should also be around the same; I seem to remember them however needing around double the amount of amperage as normal-visibile LEDs.

What do you need the UV source for? If you need to sterilize something go for the non-coated flurescent lamps.

Reply to
Mr. J D