Convention for naming for audio adaptors and leads

Do whatever you want, but some of us stick to proper names. I deal with vendors who use the proper nomenclature when I need parts. I think that if they don't know the proper name, they don't really know what they are selling.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Well I've certainly heard them called RCA jacks. Maybe they meant the mating part ?

Just to confuse you, in the UK the 1/4" guitar style connector is called a 'jack plug'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Entirely possible. I got a pop-up on some web page to a 'ladyboy' site. You would never have told they were male with their clothes on, some looked very attractive in fact.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Well that's ok. It is a plug that goes into a jack - adjective and noun. No problem.

Don Pearce

If you ever go to Paris, (France, not Texas) and you drive along the Bois de Boulogne at night, there's a whole display of Lady-boys there. Stunning women even though they're definitely boys.

This thread has moved away from Jacks........

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com
Reply to

Apparently now it is about Jacques. Just look at their feet - size nines are always a dead giveaway.

Don Pearce

Too busy looking elsewhere....Boys don't have to wear tops in the street........

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com
Reply to
Serge Auckland

"Serge Auckland" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Unless you count One Eyed Jack's.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Nope, there are women who have bigger feet than that. (and men with smaller feet of course) The first thing to look for is the Adams apple, but that's not foolproof either :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

"Crocodile Dundee" had his own foolproof method in the movie. (Although you are likely to get assulted for trying that method. ) But those Australians really know how to get right to the bottom line. No foolin' around or guessing. :-)

Reply to
Richard Crowley

Or arrested.

Of course he was the only one who didn't already know :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

That's because it's the plug that plugs into the jack, silly! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise