Bel T2A 250V Fuse?

Hi,

I have a compaq monitor that didnt come on at all so I stripped it down and it appears the fuse has blown.

Can anyone tell me where to get one? (UK if poss!)

It is a small black cylindrical thing with Bel T2A 250V written on it.

In your professional opionions, is it worth me replacing it if I dont have a clue why it blew? The new one may blow too but for a 17" tft monitor it gotta be worth a try.

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
<me

Any radio/TV shop, or e.g. Maplin (probably in local phone-book).

The make doesn't matter, but physical size does probably 20mm long), and that it a 2 Amp 'T' (Time-delay) type, which withstands switch-on surges, not 'Q' (Quick-blow) which is distinctly less likely to.

It's unlikely to have blown for no good reason (such as failure in the unit's internal power-supply circuitry) but at < £2 for a pack of 10 you've not much to lose.

It's usual, though, to connect a large-ish domestic lamp, 100W, preferably more, in series with the item when first trying it.

The fuse then can't blow, but if the lamp lights-up fully the unit is more seriously faulty (short-circuit) than merely the fuse. If the light is only dim, it's time to try 'as normal' ...

--
Peter Duck
Reply to