4000 series: which manufacturer?

Hello all.

Are there any recommendations for or against any of the 4000 series manufacturers (Fairchild, ON, Texas, Philips, ST) ?

Philips is consistently expensive and Fairchild is consistently cheap. Where are those manufactured ?

--
André Majorel
(Counterfeit: duh@vigilant.com udexuv@diatribe.com)

Hello Andre,

Besides price there are also huge differences in specsmanship and customer support. Huge. Other companies seem to be unable to create a useful web site, making it hard to get any information.

It also depends on what you want to do. If you are planning some unorthodox circuits like I often do then very detailed specifications are absolutely critical. A scanned copy of an old data book isn't always good enough.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Some chips have the country of manufacture in the dimple on the chip.

Back in 1980 when I worked for a test equipment co, they had restrictions on some CMOS chips. But that was because of the very high demand that caused the distributors to sell poor quality components.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th