1K static shift registers wanted (2533V, Am2833, MM5058, TMS3133)

I'd like to buy at least 7 pieces, and preferrably 30 or more, of any of the old PMOS 1K static shift registers:

Signetics 2533V AMD Am2533 or Am2833 National MM5058 TI TMS3133

There are probably other equivalents as well. DIP is preferred, but I suppose I could deal with metal can parts.

Google turns up the usual parts brokers, but the brokers don't even bother replying to requests for quotes.

I'd rather not have to design a daughter board to replace these parts, though if I did I think a PIC in an MLF package, a surface mount voltage regulator, and a few ceramic caps would do the job.

Reply to
Eric Smith

They were still being made in the mid-1980s, but no one with any sense was choosing them for new designs.

Reply to
Eric Smith

I gave away a tube of something like that about 18 months ago to someone who was restoring an old eletronic organ. Might be able to find email correspondence and suggest he contacts you.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Debian Linux and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j  backus  jita

I wrote about needing a source for 1K static shift registers, and Jim Backus replied:

Thanks for the offer. As it happens, a friend saw my posting and offered me a tube of National MM5058 parts, so I've got more than enough for my project.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

Check my posting to this NG on 9th December 2006. The request was specifically for static shift registers.

IIRC bucket brigade devices didn't appear until several years later than the "early '70s".