1-in-4 sequencer freezes up--a noise problem?

I have a 1-in-4 sequencer (a Forest Mims circuit) that turns 1of 4 LED's on in a sequence over and over. I have the output (that goes to the LED's) also going to 4 CRYDOM solid state relays, so that 100 watt bulbs (120VAC) are also turned on in sequence. The problem is that sometimes the sequencer freezes up, or skips one light. Am I getting "backtalk" from the 120VAC that is causing this? Any way to keep my sequencer sequencing?

Bruce in Fresno

Reply to
ehsratcliffe

" snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@16g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Can you shut off the 120 volt part and still leave the low volt stuff running? If so, what happens? Failing that test, you could try removing the four mains lamps. It might not tell you anything but at least it's an easy test.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

What are you using for a DC power supply? Inadequate decoupling from the AC line can cause you problems.

What is the durati> I have a 1-in-4 sequencer (a Forest Mims circuit) that turns 1of 4

Reply to
rneale