Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TS3002 Simulation Model
I'm looking at using this device as a low power VCO at 240 kHz. I would like to model it along with some of the associated circuitry, but the company doesn't provide a spice model. I was wondering if...
4
4

Difference Equations
It's been too long ago, I can't remember how to reduce difference equations. Suppose I have... f(N+1) = 0.97*f(N) Now I know, off the seat of my pants (I think :-), that... f(N) = Const*(0.97^N) But I...
26
26

I'd guess that NY State will ban 3D printers...
I'd guess that NY State will ban 3D printers... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
6
6

Does this comparator exist....
Does this comparator exist.... Has the usual two inputs, inverting and non-inverting, BUT it switches when the DIFFERENCE between the two inputs is some reference value, either fixed/built-in, or...
12
12

Again: Building my Own Laptop
Yes, mostly by "gavino" ... All of the electronics discussion related to computer motherboards on and of late are beginning to annoy me. No one here, except me, seems to know anything about electronic...
19
19

sine generator redux
Tried a 32MHz PIC24 as a DDS using a 16usec PWM cycle (8 bit), running from 3.3V. With a simple RC filter (5K6/10n -> 10K/10n) I get pretty decent behavior (2nd harmonic 35 dB down):- I have four...
1
1

Can someone retrieve this IEEE paper for me?
Can someone retrieve this IEEE paper for me? Fiori, F.; Crovetti, P.S, "A new compact temperature-compensated CMOS current reference," Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, IEEE Transactions on...
13
13

SNR vs SINAD
Given the title, what is the SNR of this newsgroup? How does it compare to the SNR of the technical groups in the general newsgroup community? Or should I more usefully be asking about the SINAD? Rick
3
3

Firefox: Add a new tab doesn't work in v17.0 update
Firefox: Add a new tab doesn't work in v17.0 update Am I missing some new setting requirement? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
8
8

simple one-shot pulse detector circuit needed
detector out of two of transistors and a few resistors, but I can't find the circuit anywhere. Searches keep throwing up stuff about astable multivibrators and nand gates and that's not what I'm...
25
25

Reviving an old pen plotter
I'd like to revive an old B size pen plotter that can use either HPGL version one or GPGL commands. An old Windows 2000 Professional computer will be the host, but I'm having trouble finding usable...
2
2

ReRAM ??
An interesting question came up on the LTspice List this morning concerning Spice modeling a ReRAM, a resistive element something like a Memristor, but "different" ;-) The OP seemed over his head and...
32
32

LVX4051 Spice Model
Posted to LTspice List and here... Untested. I just ran a netlist on an old schematic of a LVX4051 re-design I did for Motorola-ON (~2000) to fit the device to using a Chartered process... Let me know...
5
5

Crazy Need of the Week
I need an adapter that adapts an E11 (mini candelabra) BULB to an E12 (candelabra) socket. All I seem to find are bass-ackwards. Does such a thing exist? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO |...
18
18

What's amiss here? (R/C constant)
Hi guys, It's been a while since I messed around with LTSpice but I don't remember e ver encountering such a basic problem as this; trying to simulate a cap cha rging through a resistor and getting a...
3
3