PSPICE MODEL EDITOR

Does anyone know of a book or reference material that describes how model editor works with good detail. I have seen some good PSICE books but most mention the model editor in passing. Thanks

Reply to
maxwebster

Max, Sorry, but as far as I know, no one ever decided to write one. Most folks just start using it, experimenting, until they get the results they want. There are some documentation resources that cover some of the basics, such as the chapter in the PSpice Users Manual, and you get the data on what the parameters mean in the PSpice Reference Manual, but no in depth usage documentation. If you have specific questions, several of the folks here in SEC have fairly advanced knowledge of the tool, and can help...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

The Model Editor is only as good as the operator. Unless you have an intimate knowledge of device equations it can be fraught with "peculiarities" due to using the wrong parameters to curve fit.

Years ago, as in the late '70's, an employee (John Spellman), my son Aaron and I wrote an exe file that could read in bipolar data and properly sort out NE, ISE, IKF, etc. But that's no longer the process of choice... everything is now MOS. ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)