PSoC Express: Does it work for semi-analog designs?

news:sN8rh.12532$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net...

best to just sort the variants in dollars.

device there. Sorry, I use Designer.

And possibly Express might hit the ceiling here, which means another learning curve. Or maybe I chicken out and do it analog again ;-)

(socket!) and have rich resources to play. So much

part for development.

downgrade. The 24123 or such is a nice little 8-pin device

an app note with all types listed!

Yes, but it also needs to have no significant lead time. IOW, places like Digikey should have it. We use that as a "weather forecast" for availability. If they don't have something that's usually not a good sign.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Impossible declared jobs seem to attract Joerg :-)

- Henry

"Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Kearh.60461$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... | Henry Kiefer wrote: | | > "Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Zb8rh.10358$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net... | > | I was just using it as an example, plus because they are in stock | > | locally. On this one I'll have to run a rather fast switcher, basically | > | like creating a 120V inverter with a true sine wave. It has to run above | > | 100kHz because there isn't much space for magnetics. Have to talk to the | > | client tomorrow. If it's like usual where they need it "yesterday" I | > | might do it analog just one more time (and ask for forgiveness...). | >

| > EL converter? | > Hm. | >

| | No. But my lips must remain sealed for now. The whole thing is slow but | it has to run off a battery voltage that's only 1/8th of what the load | needs and in about the space of a slim USB stick. | | -- | Regards, Joerg | |

Henry Kiefer

"Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uharh.60462$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... | > | I also would have to make sure that whatever I use is either small or | > | available in MLF or similar. Can't get any big fat chip into this design. | >

| > The app note lists all devices in nice table with package type. | >

| | Yes, but it also needs to have no significant lead time. IOW, places | like Digikey should have it. We use that as a "weather forecast" for | availability. If they don't have something that's usually not a good sign.

Yes, that is a problem in general. I bought several hundred of the small ones and if a small one cannot fit I place two :-) (Something chinese people cannot do *lol*)

In Germany you can buy PSoC almost with distributors only.

- Henry

Henry Kiefer

That's the fate of many consultants. We get called in after pretty much everyone from the staff has thrown in the towel ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

news:uharh.60462$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net...

and if a small one cannot fit I place two :-)

I've lived there as well and that is what I never understood. Over here you've got to offer much of your products through the places that are used for prototyping. When I am done with a design my clients expect a part list for the proto run that should ideally be all from one place. Usually Mouser or Digikey. This is what some (large) EU mafg don't seem to understand and why their design-in rate is now so low.

--

"Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F6brh.23737$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... | Henry Kiefer wrote: | | > "Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uharh.60462$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... | > | > | I also would have to make sure that whatever I use is either small or | > | > | available in MLF or similar. Can't get any big fat chip into this design. | > | >

| > Yes, that is a problem in general. I bought several hundred of the small ones and if a small one cannot fit I place two :-) | > (Something chinese people cannot do *lol*) | >

| > In Germany you can buy PSoC almost with distributors only. | >

| | I've lived there as well and that is what I never understood. Over here | you've got to offer much of your products through the places that are | used for prototyping. When I am done with a design my clients expect a | part list for the proto run that should ideally be all from one place. | Usually Mouser or Digikey. This is what some (large) EU mafg don't seem | to understand and why their design-in rate is now so low.

I don't think that you really don't know the answer: In Germany it is much more important you can say "I've done it", than "It was solved" ! So the natural answer is to provide a list of unique items then a general list focused on a single source to speed all up.

- Henry

Henry Kiefer

news:F6brh.23737$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

news:uharh.60462$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net...

design.

sign.

ones and if a small one cannot fit I place two :-)

solved" !

focused on a single source to speed all up.

I have never worked in a German company, it was always US corporations. But the engineers were often Germans and they thought the same as I did: "Why is there no Digikey out here?"

--

"Joerg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:iDbrh.16739$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...

| I have never worked in a German company, it was always US corporations. | But the engineers were often Germans and they thought the same as I did: | "Why is there no Digikey out here?"

I don't understand what you mean. You can buy digi-key, they will ship to Germany. Something similar is Bürklin here.

- Henry

Henry Kiefer

... snip ...

If you start with 6x the output frequency, and generate the following waveforms, you can mix the outputs to create a sine wave with no harmonics below the 5th, and no even harmonics.

__--____ __ -- ______ ______

__--__ sum: __ __ --

These can be conveniently generated with a three bit shift register, or a PLA. If needed the higher harmonics can be fairly easily rejected. Taps on an output transformer can do the mixing with minimum losses. Very stable.

CBFalconer

news:iDbrh.16739$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...

I can only relate back to the early 90's. Back then you couldn't order easily from Digikey and the local ones in Europe didn't nearly have the wide selection that you needed with an analog design. The digital guys had it easy, they could order all the TTL chips and GALs at one place, usually. Unless they needed some hotshot ECL. Now you also have Farnell.

But I must say that the distributors like EBV, Spoerle and others were very helpful. Can't complain. The only thing that regularly irked them a bit was that meetings or presentations in our company could only be held in English.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Here I'll have to regulate a load that is variable. Basically a -20V to

+20V sine into a few kohm. It'll all come out of a rather wimpy 3V battery that sags a lot under load. At least the load is resistive. The H-bridge is a whole 'nother story because I practically don't have any real estate for it :-(
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Ping pong? Do you mean to use a comparator to make a 1bit ADC and averaging? (using an output to create the LSB dither)

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Basically yes. But it will come at the price of some code overhead. So far in my career I have been lucky and never had to resort to any of the fancy auto-zero amps. Except for a laser TEC controller but only because it had them already built-in so they didn't cost extra.