PCB Design Tools: A study by electronicnet.de.

There is a study of a wide range of PCB design software going on in the editorial office of electronicnet.de, the editors of 5 leading electronics magazines in Germany.

See:

The study will be published within a couple of months - presumbably however in Germany language only.

JFYI

Gerhart H.

Reply to
Gerhart H.

I hope thay put in a lot more effort than is currently in evidence. They could start by cleaning up their HTML:

?id=2715&tx_jppageteaser_pi1[backId]=107 Failed validation, 64 errors

?id=2715%26tx_jppageteaser_pi1%5BbackId%5D=107&langpair=de%7Cen

I'm not greatly impressed so far. Things that jump right out at me: EAGLE is available for the Mac--and has been for a long time. gEDA and KiCAD aren't listed. There is no mention that ExpressPCB is lock-in-ware.

Reply to
JeffM