WTB: Paper Tape Reader

I'm after a paper tape reader. Something similar to the OP-80A, but anything considered, working or not. Please reply via email.

Lionel...

Reply to
Lionel Theunissen

I have a funky one that i had to make a number of fixes. There are two speeds that give reliable reads: one a slow step stop step, and the other fastasallheck which will literally eat the paper tape if not handled properly "on the fly". I have a manual obtained from the web which covers a similar unit, which was helpful for the fixes. The stepper motor which moves the paper tape initially was rusted / frozen, but it seems that i was able to get it to work WD-40 plus time then running with more soaking. But it is too heavy to send that far; you might be better served making one yourself.

Reply to
Robert Baer