Toshiba LCD set

Hi all

We've a weird problem with our Toshiba LCD TV that I wonder if anyone has had experience with. When we program the channels, we select those that we want from the automatically found ones, and delete the others. All works OK until a few random days later the deleted ones come back, so that we have say six different channel 7 as we rotate around what we thought were our favourites. We fix this up by again deleting the unwanted ones and all is well again for a few days, and then randomly the set again gives us everything it can receive, whether or not we have deleted them.

Reply to
Suzy

Sounds like the problem I used to have on several Thomson STB's. Never found the cause, but a cold reset to factory defaults and rescanning usually fixed the problem for 6 months or so. PITA it was.

It also sounds like an issue I've seen on the X series Sony Bravia. The chanel up/down button scans through the programed favourites ok, unless you accidentally jump direct to a channel, and then the up/down button seem to change mode and switches through every channel. To fix it you have to use the menu to jump to a favouties channel. There appears to be no way to permanently delete a channel. Another real PITA. My S series Bravia does not have the issue.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks for that Dave. I reached a techo at Toshiba this morning and told him my woes. He suggested that what is happening might be a momentary loss of signal strength on one of the favourite channels. Apparently what happens then is that the set overrides the deletions and looks for an alternative. Since I have an intermittent on the phantom amp (dry joint) this is consistent.

Reply to
Suzy