test equipment

ive picked up a swemar generator model lsw-250 made by leader.

what is it used for, and what does it do? has anyone used one.

thanks zack

Reply to
zack

tv sweep gen ?

Reply to
a t e c 7 7

"zack"

** Is that "picked -up" as in "picked up a dose of the flu " ?
** TV service - in the days of B&W and valves.
** Few valve era TV techs would have even used one.

Cos most of them were valve jockeys.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Is that the same kind of thing that Tandy used to have in their Stores, (wow, now Iam going back a few years) for testing Valves? Allan

Reply to
Allan

"Allan"

** Nope - it is a VHF sweep frequency generator used to help align tuners & IF strips of TV sets after repair of same.

Really a valve era relic, as SS tuners and IF strips rarely is ever needed such alignments.

Do a Google search if you are really curious about them.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sweep generators were replaced by the Sencore VA-62 and VA-48 step alignment system for TV tuners and IF systems over 25 yeas ago.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida