Switching 12v

Little to nil knowledge of digital logic. I need to switch 12v at say 100ma across 10 wires at around 1sec each . I must be able to start and stop the switching by applying around10v. (No not an assignment, I need to do it for me :) Could anyone point me to a webpage /circuit design source please ?

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

There was this little invention a few years ago called the transistor that might help :-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

Check out this site; the link goes straight to the circuit you want (substitute relays for the LED's - see the section in the site for interfacing relays to logic gates).

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Hi Jim,

I am assuming you want the 10 wires to "take turns" at being energized? If so, have a look at this site:

It has 10 outputs (via a 4017 Decade Counter IC) which take turns one at a time. It requires a clock input (high/low) to time the outputs. Instead of LED's connected to each of the 10 outputs of the IC (like that shown on the site), you can connect a resistor and transistor to each of the outputs to switch current such as 100mA. If you're not familiar with this, I have provided another link below...

- "Connecting a transistor to the output from a chip".

Hope this helps.

Jason.

Reply to
Jason S

and the clock source 555 ic or whatever can be powered by the 10v signal

Reply to
Ed /:-}

Many thanks guys, the help is appreciated :))

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

Yep, 1947 I seem to remember. Before even I was born :) Strangely enough I was asked where a guy could get some background on valve theory the other day. They may be gone but they apparently aint dead :))

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

I've got a series of rather large glowing valves just a few metres from me. Not many transistors putting out 3kW just yet.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I'm still running a valve amp that must be over 35 years old. My parent's bought it before I was born. The amount of heat it puts out just sitting idle is amazing.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C