Security camera questions

Surface spray. Good for six months

Yes

--
:-P
Reply to
Peter

Can't help with the spiders - others already have.

IR lights - A few people I've met have built them themselves from kits (or own design construction) using an array of IR LEDS (often with one LED swapped for a standard visual LED for "power on" status)

I've seen some designs which are simply a rectangular/ square array, and others which were 2-3 rows of LEDS arranged in a circle, with the lens poking through the middle

HTH Des

Reply to
Des Bromilow

Thanks Kreed, you've got some good ideas there :) If I can't find an easier solution, I'll certainly give your ideas a go.

Reply to
Jeßus

Could be. N.E Tassie here, it gets on the cool side usually (although we still seem to be in spring from last year - summer never happened).

I was wondering if the minimal heat being generated by the cameras is attracting them... could be I suppose. Theyre just consumer grade Swann cameras.

ATM I use a feather duster to clear the webs approx. every 3 days, which is too often IMO. More often than not, the night vision remains obscured because I can't be bothered or just plain forget.

Jeßus

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks :)

Reply to
Jeßus

Thanks Des, I'll have a look around at what kits may be suitable, cheers.

Reply to
Jeßus

**There's this:

And these:

Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

And this.

F Murtz

**Even better. Oatley are the nicest bunch of guys to do business with. Nice and local too.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

ed...

ra+r...

9...

ice

Agree - excellent people to do business with. Would also recommend.

Reply to
kreed

I just wonder why the obvious didn't occur replace the camera with one that has infra-red led's installed , not all cheap cctv cams have the ability to see with infra-red and considering a pretty decent infra cam can be had off ebay for very little along with a suitable infra illuminator the change is obvious

540tvl with sony insert and the right led's will offer about 30m in pitch black with a potential for facial recognition and for slightly more will allow autofocus and other features
--
Reply to
atec77