Safety Recall

Phil Allison Inscribed thus:

Yes, You're right ! I was thinking along the lines of a home workshop without mains/master ELCB protection device. Which I must confess, I don't have. :-( Though I do have one on the extention cable that I use outside for the mower.

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Maybe its about time some bureaucrats thought about testing some of the stuff they allow as imports, and actually reject some, rather than just inspect the stamps and pseudo-ratings on the import forms. They are quick enough to test local product, and make mfgs jump through all sorts of hoops to get approval to make them. But I guess they dont want to upset the countries they import from too much.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

"Adrian Jansen" JW

** It is up to people who find such leads to report the matter to the relevant state authority.

JW does not say where he got the IEC lead - maybe he imported it himself ( eg came packed with some item direct from China) and so he has only himself to blame for not checking it out immediately.

A few years back, the topic was done to death on this NG and not a single example was ever given of defective IEC leads being sold here in Australia.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where it came from as there's dozens of power cords all around here, but I'd bet the original source was from China as well.

Reply to
JW

on

imself

I have seen a few, all came with Items bought off Australian Ebay sellers IIRC, and 2 of them had US plugs

Try it on an electric jug, if you want some entertainment. Might make a good you tube video also.

Reply to
kreed

"kreed"

I have seen a few, all came with Items bought off Australian Ebay sellers IIRC and 2 of them had US plugs

Try it on an electric jug, if you want some entertainment. Might make a good you tube video also.

** Been there, done that with a dodgy IEC lead that came from in India with a repair job.

At 11 amps, volumes of smoke poured and conductors poked out through the plastic.

Not only was the gauge very light, but the conductors were some strange alloy with several times the resistance of copper.

My report of the finding started am LOOOOONG debate here with Ross Herbert taking up the cudgel ad the WA authorities getting in on the case.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

er

th

I remember that from nearly 10 years back. Coments about "Miro the wog electrician" still brings a smile. Ah, the good old days.......

Reply to
kreed